Discover new routes.
Discover new routes.
The route planning software BaseCamp enables you to compile tailored and detailed routes. After all, it's your journey. In doing so, a trip can be divided into as many as 30 routes. Each segment consists of up to 125 shaping points and thereby offers virtually endless adventures. Or do you simply want to ride off? The "winding road" function then shows you a longer route to your destination and in doing so takes the most beautiful connection between two points into consideration: the bends.
"Turn left before the cathedral". The advanced TTS navigation announcement feels like a passenger – albeit one with an excellent sense of direction. The surroundings description is precise and uses references such as traffic lights, traffic signs and even buildings. You can also conveniently search for your destination with your smartphone and then easily send it to the Navigator V.
- MyMotorcycle for vehicles with navigation preparation
- Product contents
- Technical data
- Water-tight in accordance with IPX7 and petrol-resistant
- Winding roads route option
- Pre-installed map data for Europe or North America
- Free map updates for the entire service life for pre-installed maps
- Large, bright 5 inch TFT display
- 8 GB internal flash memory (4 GB for devices without pre-installed map data)
- Micro-SD card slot for SDXC cards up to 64 GB
- Optimised for the BMW Motorrad communication system for listening to navigation prompts, music, or for making calls.
- Optional Smartphone Link App for real-time traffic and weather updates.
- Lane assist with photorealistic junction views
- Improved route planning and guidance: new trip technology with via and shaping points enables longer and more detailed motorcycle tours to be compiled.
- TTS navigation announcements partly with natural guidance (precise surroundings description)
- Navigation preparation ex works for the K 1600 GT, K 1600 GTL, K 1600 GTL Exclusive, R 1200 GS (from 2013), R 1200 GS Adventure (from 2014), R 1200 RT (from 2014), R 1200 R (from 2015), R 1200 RS (from 2015), S 1000 XR, more models to follow
- For more BMW motorcycles: optimal vehicle holder with 4-button Mount Cradle. Please check with your BMW Motorrad dealer.
MyMotorcycle for vehicles with navigation preparation
- 16 freely configurable fields, selectable from around 40 values
- Type and number of the values available for selection is dependent on the optional extras of the motorcycle
- Displayed content: e.g. range, tyre pressure, average speed, average consumption, trip counter, vehicle mileage, engine temperature, ambient temperature, voltage
- Certain values can be reset directly via the Navigator V
- The values of the first line can be displayed enlarged via the Multi-Controller on additional individual pages (not on the K 1600 GT, K 1600 GTL, K 1600 GTL Exclusive and R 1200 RT)
- The MyMotorcycle status page is only available if the device is not in the vehicle and displays the information last received from the vehicle in the form of a table. Service information is also displayed, such as range, reserve active, front/rear tyre pressure, vehicle mileage, VIN, service date, service route, active warning message(s).
MyMotorcycle Last Ride
- The Last Ride page is available if the device is not in the vehicle and displays a summary of the last journey in the form of a table.
- Trip counter, average speed, average consumption, gear shifts, average throttle position, front/rear brake actuation, maximum/minimum/average ambient temperature, average engine temperature
- The two areas (statistics, temperatures) can be reset separately.
Additional contents of the MyMotorcycle feature:
- Warning and status reports of the motorcycle are displayed on the left of the main map page. For multiple active warning messages, the number of messages is indicated beneath the warning triangle.
- If there is a connection to the BMW Motorrad communications system, a new warning is signalled by a warning sound in the helmet.
- By pressing the warning triangle, a list of all warning messages opens. If a notification is selected, additional information is displayed.
- When the fuel level is selected, the nearest filling stations in the vicinity are displayed.
¹⁾ On the K 1600 GT, K 1600 GTL, K 1600 GTL Exclusive and R 1200 RT from 2017
²⁾ With navigation preparation and onboard computer pro
AccessoriesCar installation kit for BMW Motorrad Navigator V:
- Suction cap fastening for easier fastening to the windscreen
- Integrated speaker for output of audio announcements (note: output from MP3 from the Navigator V via the speaker of the car assembly kit is not possible. This is only possible via an A2DP-capable headset).
- Connecting line for power supply of the Navigator V via cigarette lighter
- The Navigator V can be used in the vehicle as a hands-free kit for Bluetooth mobile phones.
- 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz
- Supplied without cable. The micro-USB cable included is to be used for charging.
- Use for the Navigator IV also possible
- Map data on microSD card, incl. SD-card adapter
- As well as Europe, map data for North America, Brazil, Australia/New Zealand, Russia and South Africa.
- Map material which is also provided for the Garmin Zumo 660 and other Garmin devices can be used for the BMW Motorrad Navigator V on micro-SD card.
Power pack with adapter for EU, UK, US, AU:
Road maps (SD):
More map material from Garmin:
- BMW Motorrad Navigator V, including integrated lithium-ion battery pack
- Available with map data for Europe or North America or with pre-installed map data
- Free map updates for the entire service life (with pre-installed map data)
- Either with or without 4-button Mount Cradle (incl. 12-V connecting line for connecting to the QA plug)
- Micro-USB cable
- Handy carry case
- Quick start guide, printed in various languages
- Detailed operating instructions as PDF file on the device
- Garmin ISPI booklet (Important Safety and Product Information)
Black plastic housing, robust, watertight (in accordance with IPX7), fuel-resistant, shock proof
Device dimensions (BxHxD)
TFT colour touchscreen, 65000 colours, white background lighting, can be easily read even in sunlight, automatic day/night mode
Display size (diagonal)
127 mm (5 inch)
Display resolution (BxH)
Battery operating lifespan
Up to 4 hours, depending on usage and settings
- Via the motorcycle electrical system (during journeys), via a computer using micro-USB connection cable (included), via the optional charger, via optional car assembly kit (with connection to cigarette lighter)
- Charging time: up to 4 hours, depending on the voltage source
- Available either with or without (for vehicles with navigation preparation ex works)
- With waterproof plug connection (12 V) for connection to the motorcycle's OA plug
- “+”/“-” (zoom in/zoom out over map sections), “Page” (change between menu view, map view, compass, trip computer and media player), “Speak” (announce current navigation instruction)
Yes. Connection with Bluetooth helmets or headsets (hands-free/headset/A2DP/AVRCP/SPP profile) as well as connection with Bluetooth phones, data exchange between 2 of the same devices
Connection to on-board network (LIN bus)
- Currently on the following models: K 1600 GT, K 1600 GTL, K 1600 GTL Exclusive, R 1200 GS (from 2013), R 1200 GS Adventure (from 2014), R 1200 RT (from 2014), R 1200 R (from 2015), R 1200 RS (from 2015), S 1000 XR, more models to follow
- Convenient operation via Multi-Controller and data exchange between motorcycle and Navigator
USB connection (version 2.0, high speed), USB-connecting cable included
Operating temperature: -20 °C to +55 °C (-4 F to +131 F)
Battery charging temperature: 0 °C to +45 °C (32 F to 113 F)